Thursday, January 30, 2003

Bad things about NEA

I have been a member of the NEA (the teacher's union, not the artist group) since teaching in a public school. And, I have been told that one reason not to like my union is that the NEA likes abortion and is an advocate for pro-choice.

I'm not pro-choice per se, but I've always wondered where my conservative friends got their information. Looking at their webpage, the NEA doesn't have a link to "Abortions: YES!"

So, for the next few days, I'd like to find out what my union is all about and see for myself if it is a Democratic lobbier (which also I am told) and what they really do for me at the local level.

Again, my conservative collegues would lead me to believe that all things Democratic is all things bad and morally void and just plain stupid.

Wasn't McCarthy a Republican?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home